Soccer is an occupying game to watch. We see the referee’s pulling out different cards during the game. You may know that they are soccer foul cards. Every game has its own set of rules and penalties. Soccer has a separate and distinct set of rules. To carry forward a successful and smooth fair play, we have soccer rules along with soccer fouls. Each penalty stands categorized according to the type and intensity. The referee gets an end say in the act; he plays the role of a judge. If you watch soccer and aren’t sure of the fouls, here are the main soccer fouls you must know –
A referee decides the soccer fouls and the aftermath. These are the main types of acts done when common fouls happen-
- Minor offences- when you commit a minor offence, your opposing team gets a free-kick, which is indirect.
- Serious offences – when this happens, the opposing team gets a direct free kick. The kick could hold penalized if it’s within the penalty box.
- Caution- The yellow card you see in games represents the fouls— second yellow results in the player getting a red card.
- Expulsion – the red card, the player must leave the game. No substitute replaces the dismissed player.
Different Soccer Fouls:
Acts could result in soccer fouls –
- Kicking your opponent
- Pushing them forcefully.
- Holding or grabbing your opponents.
- Handling the ball with your hand (unless you’re a goalkeeper)
- Attacking and tackling from behind.
- Charging against someone.
- Jumping onto an opponent
These are the few notable acts that can lead you into a soccer foul. The opposite team gets a free-kick from the place of the foul. In case the foul happens in the penalty box, then it’s a penalty kick. These are the amends made for the fouls usually done. A referee makes the call for soccer foul.
Caution And Expulsion.
If you watched a soccer match; You would notice the referee waving the yellow card initially. They soon wave the red card if foul repeats. You could get a yellow card if you argue with the referee, foul a lot, delay the game. Also, if you do not inform the referee about entering and leaving the game is a soccer foul. A red card causes expulsion. A player stands dismissed when he commits a severe crime, uses bad language, uses hands to stop the ball, and also violent actions or attitude. Moreover, continuous fouls lead to a soccer foul that ends in expulsion.
Goalkeeper Soccer Fouls.
We see players usually accused of soccer foul from waving yellow to red cards or penalty shots for the soccer players. However, the goalkeepers can also stand fouled for specific actions during the game-
- If they hold onto the soccer ball for over 6 seconds of time duration.
- Touching a soccer ball after a teammate kicks it towards them is a soccer foul
- Also, touching a shot if a teammate throws it towards the goalkeeper stands as a soccer foul.
These are the particular areas a goalkeeper can stand liable to soccer foul during a soccer game.